Quinoa is one of the world’s most popular health foods. Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain sufficient amounts of all nine essential amino acids..It is also high in fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.
Quinoa, often described as a “superfood” or a “supergrain,” has become popular among the health conscious, with good reason. Quinoa (pronounced KEEN-wah or ke-NO-ah) is packed with protein, fiber and various vitamins and minerals. It is also gluten-free and is recommended for people who are on a gluten-free diet.
Health benefits of quinoa
- Very High in Fiber, Much Higher Than Most Grains
- Gluten-Free and Perfect for People With Gluten Intolerance
- Very High in Protein, With All the Essential Amino Acids
- Has a Low Glycemic Index, Which is Good for Blood Sugar Control
- High in Important Minerals Like Iron and Magnesium
- Has Beneficial Effects on Metabolic Health
- Very High in Antioxidants
- May Help You Lose Weight
- Easy to Incorporate Into Your Diet
- Good for hair growth